A double-well inkwell replica of York Hall, a building on the campus of Yale University, was produced sometime before 1954. The words, 'York Hall,' appear above the door in the souvenir building. The roof lifts off to reveal two square ink holders in this very rare item. The body of this replica is made of plaster, with a thin coating of what might be a bronze material on the exterior. Inside the lid, the maker's label reads, "Made by Kathodion Bronze Works New York." The inkwell building measures: 4 3/8 inches high, 7 3/4 wide, 3 7/8 deep. This Venetian Gothic building, originally called York Hall, was renamed for music professor Gustave Stoeckel in 1954. Stoeckel Hall, currently home to the Music Department, is located on the corner of College and Wall Streets in New Haven, Connecticut. The real building was designed by Grosvenor Atterbury and completed in 1897 as a residence for Chi Phi Fraternity.